Ready, set, geocache!
This weekend, gather the family and head out to explore the great outdoors as the Conservation Futures GeoTour kicks off with a quest to earn a limited edition commemorative Geocoin. Celebrating its 30th anniversary, King County’s Conservation Futures program has preserved many of the forests, shorelines, greenways, trails and parks, including Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park, that many future generations will be able to enjoy and geocache in!
The cache list will take you on a beautiful tour of 20 properties throughout King County that have been protected by the Conservation Futures program. It’s a perfect time to be outdoors in the crisp, autumn air amid beautiful shades of leaves falling and birds singing your praises for being outside.
Saturday, October 6, 9:00 a.m. – Noon.
Cougar Mountain Anti-aircraft Artillery Trailhead
*Refreshments, copies of GeoTour passports and prizes!
• Anti-Aircraft Peak Trailhead: 18201 Cougar Mountain Dr., Issaquah, 98027
• From I-90, take Exit 13 and drive south on Lakemont Boulevard SE for 2.5 miles
• Turn left onto SE Cougar Mountain Way
• Follow the double yellow line. (The road will first swing left and become 168th Place SE, and then right to become SE 60th Street)
• Turn onto 60th Street uphill onto SE Cougar Mountain Drive
• The road will change to gravel, and at the very end is the Anti-Aircraft Peak Trailhead, where there is parking. Follow arrow to shelter.