What do you get when you combine 30 employers and 10 resource providers at our historic Log Cabin (a.k.a. White Center Community Center) in Steve Cox Memorial Park? Jobs jobs jobs!
The Peace N the ‘Hood job fair is an opportunity for youth ages 16 -24 years old to meet potential employers in person, get resume assistance, and maybe even interview on the spot!
Last year, more than 200 young people attended the event to learn about job opportunities at places such as Alaska Airlines, Safeway, and YMCA.
This year’s event will be Friday, June 7 from 2:30 pm – 5 pm. It is free, with snacks and door prizes to boot!
Are you a job seeker with questions? Call Jody Addicks at the White Center Teen Program at 206.477.2095. Language interpreters available upon request. Contact email@example.com no later than May 30th.
RSVP and spread the word at https://www.facebook.com/events/328661621133327/!
And don’t forget about the basketball! Sign up at the job fair for the 3 on 3 tournament on June 14th! Sponsored by Southwest Youth and Family Services.
The following employers are expected to attend:
- 3 Degrees (Outreach Associates + Bilingual-English/Spanish)
- Airport Jobs (dozens of jobs @ SeaTac Airport)
- AJAC (aerospace/advanced manufacturing job training and apprenticeships)
- Alaska Air/Horizon Air (ground service agents)
- Amazon Supply Chain (warehouse, distribution, and delivery)
- ANEW/PACE (free construction trades pre-apprenticeship training)
- Associated Recreation Council ARC (summer camp counselors)
- Auntie Anne’s (retail food service crew members and shift leads)
- Bartells (pharmacy, store, and warehouse openings)
- City Year (AmeriCorps openings)
- College Nannies & Sitters (summer full-time and part-time nannies)
- El Centro de la Raza (Unidos in Finance free job training)
- Evergreen Aquatic Center (swim instructors and lifeguards)
- FedEx Ground (package handlers)
- Fred Meyer (multiple entry-level retail openings)
- Jiffy Lube (customer service, automotive lube/oil/filter techs
- JUMA (youth employment and education services)
- King County Metro (metro bus drivers and various other entry-level positions)
- King County Parks (lifeguards)
- King County YouthSource/Reconnect to Opportunity (youth employment and education services)
- La Mexicana (production line operators and maintenance mechanics)
- Marshalls (merchandise associates)
- Macy’s Southcenter (openings in many departments: Women’s RTW, Recovery, Backstage, Receiving Dock, Home/Lingerie, Cosmetics, Fine Jewelry)
- McLendon Hardware (retail store jobs)
- MOD Pizza (restaurant staff)
- Nike (seasonal sales associates)
- Normandy Park Senior Living (caregiver, receptionist, dietary aides, cooks)
- Pedalheads Bike Camps (instructors)
- Safeway (courtesy clerks, food clerks, produce clerks, deli clerks)
- Seattle Goodwill (retail sales and production)
- Shiekh Shoes (stock persons, salespeople, managers)
- South Seattle College
- Southwest Youth & Family Services
- Taco Time (food service crew members, assistant managers)
- Trusted Advocates (advocate for White Center’s ethnic minority populations)
- Year Up (tech careers job training)
- YouthForce/Boys & Girls Club (youth employment services, Doorways internship)
- YWCA Greenbridge Learning Center (adult/youth employment services and job training)
- White Center Community Development Association (building and supporting a vibrant, economically diverse White Center)
Thank you to our event partners!
- Southwest Youth & Family Services
- King County Parks
- King County YouthSource
- Communities of Opportunity
- YWCA Greenbridge
Check out photos from last year’s event over on King County Parks’ Flickr!