It’s happening! Starting November 9, we’ll be removing the inner moorage section and breakwater finger piers from the dock in anticipation of the new ones! The work will be performed from a barge and is expected to be completed by November 20, but may only take one week. During this time, the entire dock will be closed to public access.
Later this winter, we will replace the interior finger pier dock floats. We anticipate opening up the interior marina area to the public in late spring 2021.
Next up in Summer 2021:
- Encapsulate or replace the remaining creosote piles
- Carry out other safety and maintenance items
- Install pump-out station
As funding becomes available, future work is planned to:
- Replace the floats on the outer breakwater section
Please subscribe to the Dockton Park email newsletter for progress updates.
Current construction is funded in part by a Boating Facilities Program grant from the state Recreation and Conservation Office and by the 2020-2025 King County Parks, Recreation, Trails, and Open Space Levy. Thank you for your support!
Park Facility Closure Schedule
|Status||. . . as of October 30, 2020|
|Marina, including Day-use area||Closed: November 9 – November 20, 2020|
|Restrooms||Closed until further notice, due to COVID-19 precautions|
|Dockton Forest trails||Open No scheduled closures – enjoy!|
We are eager to complete these projects and re-open Dockton Park (and additional parts of the marina) as soon as we can. While facilities at Dockton Park are closed, be sure to visit other beautiful parks on Vashon and Maury Islands:
- Jensen Point (8900 S.W. Harbor Dr) – Boat ramp and picnicking
- Point Robinson (3705 S.W. Point Robinson Rd) – Lighthouse trails and beach
- Lisabeula Park (Southwest Lisabuela Rd) – Picnicking and beach
- Ober Park (17130 Vashon Hwy S.W.) – Children’s playground
- Maury Island Marine Park (S.W. 244th St) – Beachcombing
Questions? Call (206) 477-4527 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org