Whew, 2013 was a big year for us here at King County Parks. We turned 75, got some serious love from King County voters, and rocked out at shows at Marymoor and Tolt.
Here are our 5 favorite stories from this past year.
- An outpouring of support from King County voters, who overwhelmingly approved the parks renewal levy by 70%.
- Our 75th anniversary, celebrating all year long – first by launching the King County Parks Foundation with a $75,000 gift from Laird Norton Wealth Management and last with a big ol’ birthday party commemorating 75 years of the White Center Community Center (a.k.a. The Log Cabin).
- Great music and fun at new (and newish) events, like the Timber! outdoor music festival at Tolt and the Washington Brewers Festival at Marymoor.
- Our Community Partnerships and Grants (CPG) Program turning 10 years old, with some 50 projects completed with more than $40 million in match.
- Completing another chunk of the East Lake Sammamish Trail, this one a 2.2 mile stretch through Issaquah.
See the year in photos over at our Flickr site.
We hope you’ll join us for even more fun in 2014. Happy holidays to you and yours!